Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
2 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. CT / 12 p.m. MT / 11 a.m. PT
Presented by: Shanna Wall, Esq., Compliance Attorney
Do you sometimes turn to freelancers, consultants and other independent contractors to get the work done? With the IRS and Department of Labor (DOL) both cracking down on contractor misclassification, following the rules has never been more critical. The risks include having to pay fines, back pay and back taxes.
Attend this free, expert-led webinar to learn best practices for establishing a legally sound independent contractor relationship from day one. You’ll also receive helpful guidance on how to manage contractors day to day without stepping over the “employee” line.
The webinar will cover:
- Common mistakes to avoid when hiring
- Why proper classification matters (and what can happen if you get it wrong)
- What it takes to establish a contractor relationship under the law
- Helpful tips to ensure you don ’t cross the line from contractor to employee
- Critical components every contractor agreement should include
Bonus: Every attendee will receive a complimentary e-guide: Contractor or Employee? Avoiding Misclassification from our sister company, efile4biz.com.
Brought to you by