In an ideal world, every employee would be a perfect, productive fit — and you’d never have to let someone go for missing the mark or violating the rules. But no matter how careful you are with your hiring and day-to-day management, you’re sure to encounter situations that call for termination.
Establishing the necessary groundwork is critical when taking disciplinary action, and especially before firing an employee. An unfair or poorly handled termination could put your business at significant risk and legal liability. Thorough preparation, documentation and execution work in your favor when done right (and against you when not).
Attend this free, educational webinar, co-sponsored by America’s Small Business Development Centers (SBDC), you will be guided through the technicalities and best practices so you can make careful, legally sound terminations.
You will learn about:
- Protections — and restrictions — with at-will employment
- Federal laws that must be considered in a termination decision
- Steps and precautions to take before the termination
- Practical guidelines for avoiding legal pitfalls
- Ways to conduct a proper, pain-free termination meeting
- Post-termination considerations