In addition to avoiding discrimination based on gender, race, religion, age and other factors, it’s important to take specific steps to prevent workplace harassment. A respectful, harassment free environment is a necessary foundation for a diverse, but cohesive, workforce.
In this chapter, you'll learn:
- Tips for keeping harassment out of the workplace
- Managers’ general obligations with workplace harassment
- How to create your harassment-free workplace policy
- Steps to take if you receive a complaint
- Advice for avoiding retaliation claims