No one enjoys terminating a problematic employee, but it comes with the territory of managing a business. As uncomfortable as it is for both parties, knowing how to carry out the dismissal process is important.
An unfair or poorly handled termination could put your business at significant risk and legal liability. Thorough preparation, documentation and execution work in your favor when done correctly (and against you when not).
Watch this webinar to learn:
• Protections — and restrictions — with at-will employment
• Federal laws that must be considered in a termination decision
• Sound strategies for terminating remote workers
• Steps and precautions to take before firing
• Legal pointers when planning a layoff