Unplanned employee absences are a fact of business. Virtually every employee will occasionally call out at the last minute due to illness, car trouble or a family emergency. If you’re like most employers, your time-off policy is designed to accommodate those situations.
But what about those employees who call out repeatedly, with one excuse or another? Should you jump to the conclusion that it’s all the employee’s fault?
Sometimes, the reason behind chronic absenteeism is not what you might think. This free webinar explains how employers can unknowingly contribute to employee absenteeism and presents simple solutions to help you improve attendance, and in turn, increase productivity and engagement.
Watch now and learn:
- What factors beyond engagement can lead to excessive absenteeism
- The single, simplest step you can take to minimize attendance issues
- How to handle ongoing medical absences without breaking any laws
- How to administer the laws in multiple business locations
- What harassment has to do with chronic absenteeism
- Pointers for creating and enforcing appropriate attendance policies
Easily spot any troubling attendance patterns that need your attention and maintain accurate records - all in one convenient view. Take the headache out of keeping track of who's on the job, who's called in sick, and more with the Attendance Calendar Smart App by HRdirect.
Listen to Our Q&A Podcast On This Free HR Webinar